Sayers Hall

What the visitor sees in the George museum today has grown from the private collections of one man, Charles Sayers. He was the owner and long-time editor of the George & Knysna Herald, a newspaper established by his parents in 1881. The Sayers Hall was named after him.

The Sayers Hall is now mostly an art gallery and houses an art collection hosted by SCAVA (South Cape Association for Visual Artists) The hall also features collection of 2010 soccer memorabilia and a display on the construction of the Outeniqua Pass, near George.